The Thomson Group is represented by: G A Thomson & Co (Murrumbeena) Pty Ltd, G A Thomson & Co (Malvern) Pty Ltd, G A Thomson & Co (Mentone) Pty Ltd, G A Thomson & Co (Northcote) Pty Ltd and Frank Trimboli Real estate hereinafter called The Thomson Group.
The Thomson Group respects your right to privacy. As a Group with an annual turnover of more than $3,000,000 and as a Group which discloses personal information to third parties for a benefit, service or advantage we are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Those Principles regulate most of our activities with respect to personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by us. However, the activities of all organisations directly relating to personal information of current or former employees contained in employee records are not covered by the Principles.
In our agency businesses we use personal information collected from you for the purpose for which it was collected which is to act as your agent and to perform our obligations under our agreement with you. We generally do not seek to collect sensitive information. We would only do so with your consent, or if required by Law, or if necessary in connection with any claim or proceeding. We may disclose your personal information to other parties including tradesmen, Tribunals, Courts or other statutory bodies, advertising mediums, either by newspaper or Internet, potential tenants, buyers and clients as required to perform our duties under our agreement, or as otherwise allowed under the Privacy Act 1988.
Real estate and tax law requires some of this information to be collected. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to act on your behalf effectively or at all. Personal information collected by us in the course of a tenancy application and any subsequent tenancy is necessary for us to verify your identity, to process and evaluate your application and to manage the tenancy. Personal information about you collected in the application and during the course of the tenancy, including through property inspection reports, may be disclosed to other parties as permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 including to the landlord, referees, other agents and operators of tenancy reference databases. Information already held on tenancy reference databases may also be disclosed to us. If you fail to comply with your obligations under the tenancy agreement, that fact may also be disclosed to the landlord, other agents and operators of tenancy reference databases. If this information is not provided, we may not be able to process your application and manage the tenancy.
We use personal information collected from you during open inspections for security purposes. We may also use that information to contact you with respect to this property and other which we believe may interest you and in providing the information you agree to this use unless you advise us differently. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to provide an effective service to you.
Other than in the circumstances allowed under the Privacy Act 1988, we do not disclose information of this kind to other parties.
We hold your personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records. These facilities and records are located on site at our office and off site at secured premises. Sometimes we will ask you to consent to a disclosure or use of your personal information for a particular purpose. We may do so in writing, over the phone or on our website. Other times, your consent will be taken to be given where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information about our services, We may also disclose or use your personal information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- For a reasonably expected purpose which is related to the purposes for collecting the information as contemplated by this Statement.
- We are authorised or required by law to do so.
- The disclosure is to a Credit reporting agency in connection with recovering amounts which you owe to us.
- We reasonably believe it is reasonably necessary to assist an enforcement body to perform its functions.
- We reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat of life, health or safety.
If you would like to contact us about privacy related issues or to access this information you can do so by contacting The Thomson Group as follows:
- The Privacy Officer Frank Trimboli Real Estate PO Box 2226, Footscray 3011 Tel: 9689 6011 Fax: 9689 2681 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Privacy Officer G A Thomson & Co (Murrumbeena) Pty Ltd PO Box 110 Carnegie 3163 Tel: 9569 0718 Fax: 9568 4881 Email: email@example.com
- The Privacy Officer G A Thomson & Co (Malvern) Pty Ltd PO Box 90 Malvern 3144 Tel: 9509 8244 Fax: 9500 9693 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Privacy Officer G A Thomson & Co (Mentone) Pty Ltd 120 Balcombe Road Mentone 3194 Tel:9584 6311 Fax: 9583 9831 Email: email@example.com
- The Privacy Officer G A Thomson & Co (Northcote) Pty Ltd 400 High Street Northcote 3070 Tel: 9489 5777 Fax: 9489 5788 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org